[Python-Dev] Re: List of Patches to Go in 2.0.1

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:10:14 +0200

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, "Martin v. Loewis" <martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> > Modules/_tkinter.c, 1.114->1.115
> > Do not release unallocated Tcl objects. Closes #117278 and  #117167.
>
> That is already committed to the maintenance branch.

Thanks, deleted.

> > Modules/pyexpat.c, 2.42->2.43
>
> There is a number of memory leaks which I think should get fixed,
> inside the changes:
>
> 2.33->2.34
> 2.31->2.32 (garbage collection, and missing free calls)
>
> I can produce a patch that only has those changes.

Yes, that would be very helpful.
Please assign it to me if you post it at SF.
The problem I had with the XML code (which had a couple of other fixed
bugs) was that it was always "resynced with PyXML tree", which seemed
to me too large to be safe...
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,