[Python-Dev] Coercion and comparison of numbers

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 01 May 2001 23:22:11 +0200

I just received a bug report for mx.Number which revealed a
probelm with the comparison code in Python 2.1. Looking at
the code it seems that one of my original coercion patches
did not make it into the core. I added a new API PyNumber_Compare()
knows about the new coercion mechanism and should be called for
numbers instead of trying coercion in PyObject_Compare().

Was this part of the coercion patch left out on purpose or
a simple oversight ? I hope the latter...

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg