[Python-Dev] Moving MacPython to sourceforge

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon, 7 May 2001 11:53:54 +0200 (MEST)

> There's two ways I can go about this: start a new MacPython project
> or merge the MacPython stuff into the main Python CVS repository.

There is actually a third option: Use the Python SF project, but
create a new module in the Python CVS repository (so no merging would
be done).

I don't know how much code this is. I'd favour merging the Mac code
into the core distribution. If there are loads of Mac-specific modules
that not every MacPython user needs, it might be advisable to create a
distutils package that contains the extra modules. Such a package
should still live in cvs.python.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python.

Just my 0.02EUR,

Martin