[Python-Dev] RE: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Modules stropmodule.c,2.76,2.77

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Wed, 09 May 2001 21:27:23 -0500

> [Guido]
> > In my mind, strop is obsolete.  We keep it around because some losers
> > like to import it directly, but it's basically dead, and except for a
> > few functions, string.py doesn't use it any more.  (The exceptions are
> > maketrans, lowercase, uppercase, whitespace.)
>
> So if Fred changes the docs to say it's obsolete, maybe we can actually rip
> out the buggy and redundant code it contains in about 2 years <wink>.

Yes, but in the mean time the fact that it's buggy doesn't bother me
at all.  Let it be as buggy as it always was -- that's one more reason
to stop using it! :-)