[Python-Dev] Comparison speed

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 05:17:09 -0400

Tim Peters <tim.one@home.com>:
> [poor Tim]
> > In Python terms, those are Pythong lon (unbounded) ints today
>                              ^^^^^^^
> [Greg Ewing]
> > What Pythonistas wear on their feet?
>
> [Eric S. Raymond]
> > No, man.  It's what sexy lady Pythonistas wear on the beach in Rio.
>
> Eric wins!  That's indeed what I was thinking of.  I'm surprised nobody asked
> what a lon was.  But not as surprised that I didn't try to blame this on a
> Outlook 2000 bug.
>
> > (Yes, I know some sexy lady Pythonistas.  No, you can't have their
> > phone numbers.  Pthfthfthpht...)
>
> Too much work anyway.  They can have mine:  703 758 8258.

Hmmm...now, which one of them should I try to talk into a snakeskin bikini?

Duh.  Answer obvious: the one I can talk *out* of a snakeskin bikini most
rapidly afterwards.  Then I'll give her your number -- that is, if
I don't get too, er, distracted.

	seeming-like-a-good-time-to-practice-my-Timlike-wink'ly yours,

Every Communist must grasp the truth, 'Political power grows out of
the barrel of a gun.'
        -- Mao Tse-tung, 1938, inadvertently endorsing the Second Amendment.