[Python-Dev] FP vs. tutorial

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:35:10 -0400

> > Or maybe the full story can be an appendix.
>
> Or maybe Decimal should go in the standard distribution?  What kind of
> deadline do I have for finishing that to go into 2.2?

Adding Decimal to the distribution is fine.  But using it by default
for floating point literals and other floating point results is a
different story.  The PEP about that hasn't really been discussed
enough to make a decision, but a conservative estimate is that this
change won't be made in 2.2.  So Decimal doesn't solve the problem the
tutorial has.