[Python-Dev] Python 2.1.1

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 23:14:07 -0400

    ESR> Congratulations, Barry.  I googled for "Puffy the Frog" and
    ESR> found a page that...explained...this.  It was the #1 hit.

Yes!  In 1965.  My dad, Pumpi "Weasleteats" Warsaw, was a bluegrass
singer in the Atlanta-based band "The Shrinking of George".  What you
found is no doubt the lyrics to that song, which topped the pop charts
briefly in 1965 (August 1st, 1965, 11:57 - 13:01 to be exact),
displacing the Beatles "I Wanna Hold Your Head" before being itself
displaced by the The Bee Gee's "Booger Feever" [sic].  Sadly, even
Napster doesn't have the mp3's and all Dad's old records are scratched
beyond hope.

    ESR> Apparently the Universe is an even more random place than I
    ESR> thought.

here's-where-the-timbot-explains-that-it's-only-pseudo-random-ly y'rs,
-Barry