[Python-Dev] Python 2.1.1

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 24 May 2001 11:01:52 +0200

[ Answer CC'd to python-dev since it deserves an official answer :) ]

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 08:37:17AM +0100, Michael Hudson wrote:
> For summarasing purposes, do you have any idea when Python 2.1.1 will
> be released?

> "No" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Then "No" it is ! Even though I have a fair bit of patches in the queue
right now, I need some more time to check out (no pun intended) the changes
since the fork, and I want to browse the bug list for possible bugs that
should be checked out and fixed for 2.1.1. Another couple of weeks at least,
before a release candidate. It also depends on Moshe; if he actually
releases 2.0.1 anytime soon, I'll hold off on 2.1.1 a bit longer.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>