[Python-Dev] Deprecating locals() (was Re: nested scopes and global: some corner cases)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 28 May 2001 14:33:13 -0400 (EDT)

Samuele Pedroni writes:
 > That's fine for me. Will that deprecation be already active with 2.1, e.g
 > having locals() and param-less vars() raise a warning.
 > I imagine a (new) function that produce a snap-shot of the values in the
 > local,free and cell vars of a scope can do the job required for simple
 > debugging (the copy will not allow to modify back the values),
 > or another approach...

  Nothing has happened on this front yet.  Should I add deprecation
notes to the docummentation while Guido is on vacation, or wait to ask
him when he gets back?  Or was this matter resolved when I wasn't
paying attention?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>