[Python-Dev] file.writelines("foo\n","bar\n")

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Tue, 29 May 2001 09:00:42 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Tim Peters wrote:

> [Martin]
> > I took a special look at METH_OLDARGS occurrences.
>
> [GregE]
> > Shouldn't all these be removed? I would have thought
> > list.append was the last one!
>
> I count 42 of them remaining, usually for 0-argument functions.

There are more than that; PyMethodDefs that don't put anything in that
slot in the source are METH_OLDARGS too, and there are quite a few of them
in Modules/ (there are *lots* in _cursesmodule.c, but also in many of the
older modules - gl, rotor were easy to find).  There are also quite a lot
of functions that put literal zeros there, too.

So METH_OLDARGS is far from dead, sadly.

Cheers,
M.