[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Doc/lib libstatcache.tex,1.3,1.4

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 16:35:29 -0500

Neil Schemenauer writes:
 > Should a warning be added to the module as well?

  I'm not sure; Guido likes to take his time getting those in.  Since
we don't really have a formal deprecation policy in practice, I'm
inclined to let that go for a release.
  Given that we're talking about statcache, though, I certainly
wouldn't object if someone adds the warning to the code!  ;-)  The
filecmp module uses it if the user passes use_statcache=1 to the
public functions, but I suspect that code could be changed to only
import statcache if it needed to and suppress the warning in that
case.
  Hmm.  I'd better add a note about use_statcache eventually being
deprecated; filecmp itself should not be deprecated.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation