[Python-Dev] Memory leaks and uninitialized memory

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Sun, 04 Nov 2001 12:04:40 -0500

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> I'm a bit puzzled over your proposed SRE patch.
>
> the patch changes
>
>         return PyString_FromString("");

>         result = PyString_FromString("");
>         Py_INCREF(result);
>         return result;
>
> in other words, if there's a bug somewhere, I'm not sure it's in
> SRE.

Hmmm, I thought that patch looked a bit suspect.  I backed out this patch,
then reran all the tests (143 of them) that this patch should have addressed.
Nothing new was reported.  So this patch must have been something
I was playing with, but isn't correct.

You can (try to) close this bug in SF.  If I find a problem, I'll submit
a better patch.

Neal