[Python-Dev] Re: python/dist/src/Lib/lib-tk tkFileDialog.py,1.2,1.3

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:02:32 +0100

> Sorry, didn't notice (obviously); you didn't put anything into
> Misc/NEWS or the SF patch, either...

didn't know about the patch (and whoever submitted the
patch didn't know about the directory chooser module, which
has been in circulation for quite a while...)

> So which one would you like to preserve? I notice that there is a
> naming inconsistency also: it is tkFileDialog, but
> tkDirectory*Chooser*...

it's inherited from Tk (they use "choosers" for colours and
directories, but not for files)

> I'd propose to migrate tkDirectoryChooser.Chooser._fixresult into
> tkFileDialog.Directory._fixresult, and remove the new module.

that'll break my documentation, but I can fix that if you fix
the code.

</F>