[Python-Dev] Re: psyco

Armin Rigo arigo@ulb.ac.be
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:58:07 +0100 (MET)

Hello everybody,

> 2X on pystone is nothing to snort at -- it's good!

Thanks, but I believe that much better results can be obtained. However, I
have a problem here. I am starting to run out of free time for Psyco.

I would like to put efforts in helping people understand how Psyco works,
so that it can be developped up to a really usable state -- it is
currently more of a proof-of-concept, but it would be just too bad to
loose this opportunity, I guess. Besides, I believe that with some more
work we could really turn the current version into something great. That's
just too much for me alone now (I should be doing a math Ph.D. these days
you know ;-). So my request is, Does anyone feel like investing some time
in Psyco just on the basis of the current preliminary results ?  Shall I
write a technical in-depth overview ?

A bientot,

Armin.