[Python-Dev] switch-based programming in Python

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:48:40 +0100

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:49:55AM -0500, Donald Beaudry wrote:
>         when EXPR:
>             in CONSTANT-TUPLE:

You guys need to quit calling it a CONSTANT-TUPLE. It isn't. Like the
multiple arguments to the "print" statements, it's just 'multiple values',
*not* a tuple. The difference is subtle, probably, but definately there ;)

Asside from that, I prefer 'switch', 'case' and 'else' all to be on the same
indentation level. That way it's visually most like 'if/elif/else', what it
also acts most like. I can live with having 'case' indented relative to
'switch', but 'else' should be part of 'switch', not 'case'.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>