[Python-Dev] Change to sys.path[0] for Python 2.3

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:27:12 -0500

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> I'm sure Jim wasn't talking about this for 2.2, unless he'd gone
> temporarily insane. :)

As part of my job, I have been writing a lot of Fortran lately,
and I notice that Fortran has a lot of great features that are
missing from Python.  For example, Fortran's three-way IF statement
is obviously better than Python's two way "if".  And the Fortran
common block has the ability to modify any item by using out-of-bounds
array references, without having to worry about pesky type mismatches.
And have I mentioned the versatile GOTO statement, and its convenient
alternative spellings "GO TO" and "GO              TO"?

In fact, I plan to write up another PEP on features which need to
be added to Python based on the only real [wo]mans programming
language, namely Fortran.  It should be done any day as soon
as I come up for air and have t*/e to t>^~k of al& the f@#tu!es
I #?<d $`'ch aren't avZ~,+=e %?= &`\|| ?*((*@%JKHBLKA)*D%@ @$

Oh my God, I am going insane.....

Tomorrow is Thansgiving and I am still IN THE OFFICE!!

JimA