[Python-Dev] New class/type features (Replacing __slots__ with addmembers())

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:53:30 +0100

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

>     M> Why not ? Who's pushing us ? AFAIK, there's no marketing team
>     M> with a hammer out there forcing us to publish on a fixed date
>     M> :-)
>
> No, but at some point you do have to put a fork in things and move
> on.  AFAIC, only Guido can slow the release juggernaut and he's having
> too much fun changing diapers to weigh in. :)

If Guido feels OK about all this, fine with me -- I still think
that the PythonLabs team ought to make the state of affairs as
crystal clear as possible and put up the warning signs in the
right places, e.g. by having usage of unstable features issue
a warning to the programmer.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH