[Python-Dev] Performance of various marshallers

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 19:41:04 -0500

    Paul> I have a feeling py-xmlrpc will slow down a bit when it is
    Paul> internationalized:

    Paul>       if (strncmp(*cp, "<int>", 5) == 0)
    Paul>               res = decodeInt(cp, ep, lines);
    Paul>       else if (strncmp(*cp, "<i4>", 4) == 0)
    Paul>               res = decodeI4(cp, ep, lines);

Paul,

If you want to find and fix bugs in py-xmlrpc or help the author improve the
quality of his tools, please send your reports directly to Shilad Sen
(shilad@sourcelight.com).  Py-xmlrpc has nothing to do with the Python core.
I apologize for even including it in the table I posted.  Shilad didn't
deserve any of the bad press you've given him here.  Sending snickering
notes to python-dev about the code is not helpful, and only serves to lessen
the value I place on your other opinions.

Skip