[Python-Dev] a bit confused about the new type/class stuff

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 06:29:18 -0400

> Thanks for the various tips.  I will check 'em out.  Regarding the Don
> Beaudry hook, PyGtk was using ExtensionClass until recently.  James
> Henstridge has just released the first cut at using your new type/class
> stuff in the past few days.  So if you didn't use it, neither does PyGtk.

Ah, but then it could be that somehow this cutting-edge PyGtk has
caused your immediate problem, right?  I still take responsibility --
the new type stuff isn't documented enough yet. :-(

> This is too new to have tarballs yet (lots of hairballs perhaps...).
> Everything is coming out of various CVS repositories.  If you want to waste
> a half a day getting all the Gtk build tools and libraries correct, I can
> set you up, but I suspect you may have better things to do with your time.

Yup.

> An alternative is for me to give you ssh access to my laptop.  You could be
> fiddling around with this stuff in a few minutes.  Even if it wasn't useful
> to track my problem down you might like kicking the tires on a pretty large
> client for your new type/class code.

If you mail me your phone number in private I'll call you to
coordinate this more, when I have time.