[Python-Dev] Painful death in debug build

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:58:03 -0500

    Tim> test_descr.py crashes under the debug build now.  I've got too many
    Tim> things piled on my stack to look into it right now, so it would be
    Tim> good if someone could try to feel debug pain on Linux too.

Works for me.  (Mandrake 8.0, GCC 3.0.1) test_fcntl failed during the first
pass of "make test", but succeeded with the -O test.  When I ran it
manually, it also succeeded.  When I ran make quicktest it crashed in the
non -O run as well.  Don't know if it's related or not.  I haven't seen this
before.

    test test_fcntl crashed -- exceptions.IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

Skip