[Python-Dev] Where is PyMarshal_ReadShortFromFile() ?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:54:48 -0400

>   Of course, it would be easy to write the little bit of LaTeX needed
> to document the new function.  It would have the added benefit that
> I'd need to document the rest of the PyMarshal_*() functions so the
> new function would have a place to be listed.
>   Or all sorts of PyMarshal_*() functions could magically grow a
> leading underscore.  ;-)
>   Guido, were all of these really intended to be public, or can the
> list be trimmed back?  They really only appear to be used in import.c
> and pythonrun.c, with the module init also appear in PC/config.c and
> Modules/config.c.in (and the generated Modules/config.c).

Hm.  I consider them pretty internal, but on the other hand there are
uses for these outside the core (e.g. a hypothetical extension that
might want to manipulate .pyc files).  So let's document them.