[Python-Dev] conditional expressions?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:25:11 -0400

[Skip Montanaro]
> Is the thread in c.l.py on conditional expressions leading in the
> direction of actually getting added to the language, or wer Tim's
> experiments done just to show it's possible?

We (PythonLabs) were wondering whether to reserve any more keywords for 2.2.
"then" was a natural candidate, for this specific use.  Guido and I have
been playing with it.  If it proves to be a low-hassle, low-impact change
that works well, the intent is to get it in for 2.2b1 later this week.
Doesn't look *likely* to me at this point, but don't know.