[Python-Dev] conditional expressions?

Paul Svensson paul-python@svensson.org
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:04:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>I'd be happy to discuss this more.  I'm *not* happy with responses
>like "is this a bad joke?".  I don't understand how this could be an
>argument in the arsenal of the anti-Python league.

I'm sorry if it hit a bad nerve,
but I did skip this whole thread on c.l.py,
thinking that this could surely not be seriously meant,
so I guess don't have the understanding of the motivation
behind the proposal that I could have had.

I know there's been a long time request for this feature,
supposedly from people coming to Python from C,
but what's the real reason for adding it now,
without even a PEP ?
Does it really add enough to the language to justify the bloat ?

	/Paul