[Python-Dev] Goals for patch selection for 2.1.2

Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:20:34 +1000

>>> Martin von Loewis wrote
> Then I come back to my original question: What is your schedule for
> 2.1.2 then?

Darn. Was hoping you'd missed that I'd put that question off :)
At this point, I'm still trawling CVS - I hope to have an estimate
in a day or so (work stuff permitting), or the end of the week at
the latest. My gut feel right now is that it's a couple of weeks
to finish trawling the CVS logs (geez you guys commit a lot of
changes) and checking them in carefully).

> I don't mind if it is either very tight or very lose, but
> I think there should be a schedule (which can be adjusted as
> needed). I think the following milestones should appear:
> - deadline for contributing new patches
> - deadline for selecting and integrating CVS mainline patches
> - release of a release candidate
> - release

Sounds like a good set of milestones. As I said, though, right now
I'm just not sure.

> IMO, it isn't important that *all* patches that are desirable for
> 2.1.2 really get integrated by the second deadline. Instead, what gets

Nope. I'd like to be able to say, though, that "for this release,
there are some known bugs in pyexpat/the floating point overflow/
whatever" - at least let people know.

> P.S. Although I certainly do promise to indicate all pyexpat patches
> that should go into 2.1.2 :-)

I'm glad to hear it :)

Anthony