[Python-Dev] Goals for patch selection for 2.1.2

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:41:16 -0400

> If you want systematic scanning, we could try to come up with a script
> that automatically reviews all commit messages of patches since 2.1.1
> whether these mention an SF bug. We could then further automate
> scanning to produce the number of changed lines, to exclude 'large'
> changes.

Slightly dangerous though -- some bugfixes were never reported to SF.

> Perhaps anybody in the readership of this software already has code
> that does such things?

No, but you can start with Tools/scripts/logmerge.py which parses CVS
log output and sorts it by date.

The best way to scan for SF patch refs is probably to search for
6-digit numbers...  There's too much diversity otherwise in the SF