[Python-Dev] "Leaving Sourceforge" article on Advogato

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:02:34 -0400

    akuchlin> There's a discussion of SourceForge alternatives at
    akuchlin> http://www.advogato.org/article/357.html, and in a
    akuchlin> comment someone mentions that there's an XML export of
    akuchlin> the data in the tracker.  Unfortunately I can't get it
    akuchlin> to work following his instructions, but perhaps someone
    akuchlin> else can experiment with it more than I can.

I can't get it to work either, but if someone comes up with the right
recipe, I can add it to our backup script.

Every night I pull down the CVS repositories for Python, Mailman,
Jython, and mimelib.  I also grab the Jython FAQ and moinmoin.  These
I backup nightly on a Pythonlabs/ZC server.  So I feel fairly
confident about this data.  But I'd love to find a solution for the
tracker data too.

-Barry