[Python-Dev] iterator support for SRE?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 14:55:36 -0400

+1 on finditer.

[/F]
> will have to think about scanner; I agree that it may seem to
> be vaguely useful, but cannot think of a use case that isn't
> better handled by findall/split/sub or iterfind.  can anyone?

It's in desperate need of usage docs.  The few times I recall seeing it
mentioned on c.l.py, it was from someone staring at the code unable to
reverse-engineer its intended use.  Therefore I don't believe it's gotten a
good trial, and so I'm at best -0 on making it official now.  In my own
stuff I've built directly on top of .lastindex/.lastgroup instead -- perhaps
only because it's easier to remember how to use your own undocumented stuff
than somebody else's <wink>.

the-folks-most-likely-to-use-a-framework-are-those-most-likely-to-
    write-their-own-ly y'rs  - tim