[Python-Dev] Future of SSL

Gerhard Häring gerhard@bigfoot.de
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:18:45 +0100

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:06:28AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > [me, in response to a remark from Marc-André]
> > What would be your suggestions? Would you prefer to go in the direction
> > of my original proposal - only providing a SSL API, but not the
> > implementation?
>
> Yes, that's how the current SSL support works -- you need to link in
> openssl.

So, as long as there are no actual cryptographic algorithms in the
Python source tree, but only hooks for OpenSSL, there's no problem?

If this is the case, then there would only be an issue for binary
distributions of Python, which can be built easily in free countries :-)

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0