[Python-Dev] 2.2 article updated

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:48:34 -0500

I've updated the 2.2 article with a section that gives an overview of
the type/class changes.  At this point the text should be essentially
done, except for whatever small changes get into CVS between now and
2.2final.  Please take a look and send me any comments:

http://www.amk.ca/python/2.2/

(Oops!  Michael McLay just sent me a note pointing out that I refer to
.__get__() as .get() in a few places.  So don't bother reporting that.)

If your favorite patch or improvement isn't mentioned, please let me
know.  Also inform me if you aren't mentioned as a contributor to a
patch.

BTW, I call PEP 261, "Support for "wide" Unicode characters", not
finally accepted and not implemented.  Is that correct?  Is it going
to be finished before 2.2final, or should I simply describe it as
partially implemented in the final version of the text?

--amk