[Python-Dev] Proposal: get rid of compilerlike.py

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 13:55:34 -0700 (PDT)

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Eric didn't merge it with fileinput, but instead checked in a separate
> module "compilerlike".  I have several comments on the code, but my
> main complaint is about process.  This is a random bit of code that
> got checked in without any kind of discussion about whether it was
> worth checking into the standard library, and whether this particular
> implementation was right.  There was some discussion afterwards, to
> which Eric did not respond.  Given that Eric apparently doesn't care
> enough about his code to defend it, I propose to delete it from CVS.

+1

Side note to Eric: as a subscriber to python-dev, but not currently a
member of the actual development process, I generally don't see checkin
messages unless someone else comments on them.  I think at a minimum
courtesy would suggest that you post an announcement of the checkin when
it's feature work that hasn't been PEPed.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.