[Python-Dev] Check-in process

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 03:58:14 -0700 (PDT)

> As for process issues...I agree that we need better procedures and criteria
> for what goes into the library.

For a start, my current understanding is:

    - Adding a module to the standard library is a big change.
    - Modifying a core type or the interpreter loop is a big change.
    - Breaking compatibility is a big change.
    - Any big change requires confirmation specifically from Guido.

I was pretty surprised to see compilerlike.py go in.  Even if i had
seen +1s from everyone else on python-dev, i still wouldn't have
been comfortable checking it in without hearing from the BDFL.

-- ?!ng