[Python-Dev] CVS tree doesn't build currently

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:55:25 -0400

> I can't build from the CVS tree right now (confirmed on Irix and OSX):
> setup.py crashes. Here's the stacktrace:
>
> CC='cc' LDSHARED='ld  -shared -all' ./python -E ./setup.py build
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./setup.py", line 708, in ?
>     main()
>   File "./setup.py", line 702, in main
>     scripts = ['Tools/scripts/pydoc']
>   File "/ufs/jack/src/python/Lib/distutils/core.py", line 101, in setup
>     _setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
>   File "/ufs/jack/src/python/Lib/distutils/dist.py", line 129, in __init__
>     setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
> AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute 'get___doc__'

Yes, I just noticed this too.  When I did a cvs update, I saw no
changes to the distutils tree, but these changes could be relevant:

P Objects/dictobject.c
P Objects/floatobject.c
P Objects/intobject.c
P Objects/longobject.c
P Python/bltinmodule.c

All of these from Tim's checkins, and Tim can't build on Unix to test
this.

I'll try to look into this later, but not right away -- it's a holiday
here.