[Python-Dev] Re: Proposal: get rid of compilerlike.py

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:24:48 -0700 (PDT)

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Anyway, the conclusion seems to be:
>
> - You violated the process as commonly understood by checking in a new
>   module without sufficient consensus.
>
> - What you checked in is no good; it needs to be redesigned and
>   renamed.
>
> - If you absolutely do not want to use the patch manager for this, you
>   can check it in under the nondist/sandbox part of the tree.

I'd add one more thing: there seems to be enough confusion and
disagreement that this probably should be a PEP.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.