[Python-Dev] Re: pycnfig.h.in and UW7

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 18:58:20 +0200 (MEST)

> Thanks.  I wasn't aware that you could have regular old #ifdef and
> stuff in acconfig.h.  How does autoconf decide which portions of the
> file to copy to pyconfig.h.in?

=46rom the autoconf documentation

   The file that `autoheader' creates contains mainly `#define' and
`#undef' statements and their accompanying comments.  If `./acconfig.h'
contains the string `@TOP@', `autoheader' copies the lines before the
line containing `@TOP@' into the top of the file that it generates.
Similarly, if `./acconfig.h' contains the string `@BOTTOM@',
`autoheader' copies the lines after that line to the end of the file it
generates.  Either or both of those strings may be omitted.

We currently use the BOTTOM part only.

> I think that mistrust is mistaken -- most system headers are included
> by Python.h, which includes pyconfig.h before any system headers.  We
> can make a new rule: "Python.h must be included first, instead of most
> system headers and before any other system headers are included."

Sounds good to me.

Regards,
Martin