[Python-Dev] 2.2a3 oddities

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:38:57 -0400

[Fredrik Lundh]
> anyone else seeing this?
>
> 1) using a local windows build, I keep getting complaints
> about a missing symbol in the python22.dll:
>
>     _PyGC_Insert
>
> an easy way to get this is to import the "xmlrpclib" module
> into a clean interpreter.

Can't reproduce.  Perhaps it has to do with this?:

try:
    # optional xmlrpclib accelerator.  for more information on this
    # component, contact info@pythonware.com
    import _xmlrpclib

That module doesn't exist on my box, but I bet it does on yours.  There are
no references to _PyGC_Insert anywhere in core 2.2a3.

> (fwiw, this doesn't stop Python -- once you click OK, the
> interpreter proceeds as if nothing happened...)

Consistent with the guess above if that causes the import to raise an
exception.