[Python-Dev] test_descrtut failing

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 00:54:10 +0200

Recently, "Tim Peters" <tim.one@home.com> said:
> I'd rather delete the test.  But since I doubt Jack is running the test in
> the devious way shown above, I'll hold off until he surprises me <wink>.

Well, as you've seen from my previous message I'm indeed running the
test in this devious way:-)

But I must say that I'm mildly surprised that windows users not also
do this. In the MacPython installation instructions I suggest people
start by firing up the interpreter and doing "importtest.regrtest;
test.regrtest.main()". What does PythonWin suggest? That people fire
up a dos shell to run the tests? Or does it simply not suggest
anything <half-a-wink>? Or do the problems somehow not show up in
PythonWin?
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm