[Python-Dev] More test problems

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:04:30 +0200

The recent mods to the test suite make my life a _lot_ simpler,
thanks!

I now have a new problem, one that I've seen in the past but always
seems to go away all by itself. Urllib2 will fail when I run the whole
regrtest suite:
>>> import test.regrtest
>>> test.regrtest.main()
test_grammar
[... many lines deleted]
test_urllib2
test test_urllib2 crashed -- exceptions.AttributeError: 'module'
object has no attribute 'error'

But if I run only the urllib2 test in verbose mode it works fine:
>>> sys.argv = ['regrtest.py', '-v', 'test_urllib2']
>>> test.regrtest.main()
test_urllib2
test_urllib2
1 test OK.
CAUTION:  stdout isn't compared in verbose mode:  a test
that passes in verbose mode may fail without it.

Does anyone know where I could start looking for this one?

www.cwi.nl/~jack        | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++