[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/nondist/sandbox/Lib README,NONE,1.1 davlib.py,NONE,1.1 httpx.py,NONE,1.1

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:07:05 -0400

    KM> Again, i don't mean to insist on using branches instead of the
    KM> sandbox.  I guess my concern is that branches do offer wins in
    KM> some cases, particularly for stuff that is clearly on track to
    KM> be incorporated...

The other problem with branches is that they get much less testing
than the trunk.  I think people in general don't check out branches
unless they have to <wink>.

Using the sandbox is great for small, single modules.  I'd prefer to
see larger candidates use something like SF to prototype.

-Barry