[Python-Dev] Re: descr PLAN.txt

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 23:30:52 -0400

> Some questions, I have discovered the PLAN.txt in the CVS for the descr
> changes sometimes ago but more or less in trance :)
>
> Now I have developed some more awareness, some questions:
> - to which extent is what is listed there complete?
> - please, Guido advertise if you delete it, I know I can
> resurrect it with the right cvs incantation but ...
>
> I think and it seems it contains some useful information
> for when we try to port the descr changes to jython,
> or will all this stuff be  completely documented somewhere else?

Hopefully the PEPs will be much more complete records.  PLAN.txt was
just my own to-do list, indicating how far I was along the realization
of the PEPs.  I realize that the PEPs are currently behind, but it is
in the PLAN.txt to remedy this. :-)

I'm glad you are planning to copy this effort in Jython.  (It should
actually be simpler in Jython as it doesn't have so much of a
dichotomy between types and classes as C-Python does.)  If there's
anything I can do to help (short of coding in Java :-) please let me
know.  In particular, if there's anything unclear in the PEPs or
PLAN.txt or in python.org/2.2/descrintro.html or anywhere else
(including the C code), I'd be happy to clarify it at your (or anybody
else's) request.  (Is Finn Bock still around in Jython?)