[Python-Dev] New canonical location for PEPs

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:50:07 -0500

Anyone closely following today's checkinsmay have noticed that the
online PEPs are now hosted on python.org rather than python.sf.net.
The new "canonical" location is:

	http://www.python.org/peps/

Links that used the old re-director on python.org will still work, and
the HTML versions of the PEPs on python.sf.net have been replaced with
relocation notices that redirect after 10 seconds.

There are no changes to the way PEPs will generally be managed, but
this does change how and (more significantly) *who* can actually get
new & updated PEPs to appear online.

People with commit access to the python.org CVS will be able to push
new versions to the site, and this still needs to be done manually.
I'll get a cron job installed which updates from CVS, after which
point it will just be a matter of waiting for the cron job to run.  I
expect it to run frequently enough that we won't spend a *lot* of time
waiting for new PEPs to appear online.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>