[Python-Dev] RE: [Python-Div] A Hygienic Macro System in Python?

Barry Scott barry@barrys-emacs.org
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:03:44 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Scott [mailto:barry.alan.scott@ntlworld.com]
Sent: 02 April 2002 19:34
To: martin@v.loewis.de; barry@barrys-emacs.org
Subject: RE: [Python-Div] A Hygienic Macro System in Python?

The problem is linking. I cannot link against python21.dll as it will not be
on all target systems. Now I can use DELAYLOAD to get at functions in macros.
But DELAYLOAD is disabled if a variable in a DLL is referenced, hence the _CHECK
problem, also some things like Py_None, Py_True and Py_False cannot be used
for the same reason.

		BArry