[Python-Dev] New canonical location for PEPs

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:09:07 -0500

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > I wonder whether some 'bot could watch the checkin messages, and
 > update the PEPs online if it sees a checkin message for the PEPs.

I'd be fine with that approach.  Feel free to write the 'bot.

My one concern with this would be involving the mail with this.
python-checkins can be high-volume at times; running a 'bot that
looked at each message might be too much, and it could easily end up
running the several copies of the update if not careful, at the time
when it does the least good (lots of changes going in 'cause Barry's
cleaning out his PEPmeister mailbox).

Getting this to work right could be more code than it's worth.

Ok, ok, I guess I'm not fine with that approach.  Feel free to prove
me wrong, though.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>