[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Andrew Koenig ark@research.att.com
03 Apr 2002 10:59:13 -0500

>> So what's different?

Fredrik> more than one way to do it.  more than one concept to
Fredrik> explain to newcomers.  more than one "obviously correct"
Fredrik> way to do things.  less is more.  etc.

I'm a little confused, because it seems to me that Python already
has more than one way to do this particular thing.

Specifically: If I want to write a function that answers a yes/no
question, I have lots of possible ways of spelling yes (1, 2, "yes",
and so on) and lots of possible ways of spelling no (0, {}, None,
and so on).  There isn't a single preferred way.

--
Andrew Koenig, ark@research.att.com, http://www.research.att.com/info/ark