[Python-Dev] Deprecating C APIs (Use of PyArg_NoArgs())

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:51:52 -0500

> If that's possible, I'm +1 on generating a warning for the first
> usage of PyArg_NoArgs(). Would be nice to have the warning include
> the calling module name -- don't know whether that's possible,
> though (I have next to no experience with the warning framework).

It peeks in the current globals for __name__.  The current globals are
those of the most recent Python module on the stack.  Since it also
gives a line number, you might be able to track down which call it's
referring to.  But it might be somewhat surprising.