CVS update of the web-site (was: Re: [Python-Dev] New canonical location for PEPs)

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:34:34 -0700

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 10:10:16AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>one who brought up the lock issue most recently.  You may be able to
>browse the implementation in CVSROOT at cvs.xemacs.org.  If not, I'm
>sure Adrian would be willing to show it to you.

Thanks for the pointers...  I've spoken with the guy who had set this up
before, and apparently they used the checkin e-mail to trigger the process
(with appropriate lock-files and a rate limit.  Considering that the
web-site is on a different machine from the CVS repository.

Seems like that would work well.  Something like:

   lockfile -1 -r 10 "$LOCKFILE" 2>/dev/null
   [ "$?" -ne 0 ] && exit 0
   sleep 20
   #  do update here
   rm -f "$LOCKFILE"

Sean
--
 Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.
                 -- Mary Schmich