AW: [Python-Dev] Python sidebar for Mozilla/Netscape

Gerson Kurz Gerson.Kurz@t-online.de
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:29:01 +0100

Skip Montanaro wrote

> I saw all the other responses so far, and while it looks cute, I can only
> think of two reasons to use Mozilla/NS6: testing for compatibility and
> escape from MS.  Writing code that is specific to any browser seems
> counterproductive to me.

I know, its a blatant self-advertisement, but maybe you want to take a look
at http://www.p-nand-q.com/cgi-bin/cgidocs.py? Runs with any browser than
can handle frames. Source is here: http://www.p-nand-q.com/cgidocs.htm.
Could be easily changed to omit mysql dependency. I have a version that
allows searching the docs by utilizing google.com, but unfortunately google
license prohibits querying google from a program :(