[Python-Dev] Problem with the memory docs

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:01:26 +0200

Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> > umm.  I have to admit that it's rather ugly, but I'm pretty sure the
> > following guarantees that requesting zero bytes will never return a
> > NULL pointer:
>
> As Tim explained earlier, this implementation violates the ISO C
> requirement that different calls of malloc return different pointers.

oh.  last time I checked, the ISO C standard didn't define
the behaviour of any Py_ functions... (maybe you meant
ISO Python? ;-)

(the documentation says "modelled after", but that doesn't necessarily
mean "unless otherwise specified, behaves exactly as the corresponding
functions in the"...)

</F>