[Python-Dev] Python sidebar for Mozilla/Netscape

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 21:47:57 -0600

    >> Writing code that is specific to any browser seems counterproductive
    >> to me.

    Mark> counterproductive for who?

Sorry, I need to respond, only to correct myself.  After posting, I realized
"counterproductive" was probably also the wrong choice of word.  I guess I
meant "counterproductive" in the sense of encouraging movement away from
proprietary software.  If you use their little bells and whistles, you just
encourage them to make more.  Some, though not all, will help lock you into
their software to the exclusion of other otherwise viable alternatives.

my-lips-are-now-officially-sealed-zzzzzzziiippp-ly, y'rs,

Skip