[Python-Dev] Python sidebar for Mozilla/Netscape

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 23:09:07 -0800

Tim Peters wrote:

> [David Ascher, on Mark Hammond's shocking conversion to Netscape]
> > Trust me, Linux had nothing to do with it.  If you want to hear an
> > aussie swear, talk to Mark about Linux and GTK =).
>
> How long did you work with Mark?

Two years or so...  I don't think Mark has been doing much w/ Linux
since he had to. =)

> Getting insanely mad at a system is what sucks him in.

> All Windows developers are like that.  Perl developers too, I
> hear.

Nah.  I work with Perl developers too, and they don't get mad.  They get
even.

This reminds me that I need to get even w/ Mark. He's the one who
convinced me to build my own dual-processor machine instead of getting a
boring DELL.  The machine is now in the shop with a very sick
motherboard-which-is-no-longer-being-manufactured-just-after-the-warranty-expired.

If Mark builds anything sick, I expect it will be a version of gdb that
can debug Mozilla with all the symbols loaded.

--da