[Python-Dev] Pymalloc and backward compatibility

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
05 Apr 2002 12:55:50 +0100

"Moore, Paul" <Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com> writes:

> Some form of backward compatibility boilerplate which incorporated this
> would probably be of use in allowing people to migrate - it might save
> everyone writing their own.

As I posted a few days ago, I think it would be a good idea if someone
(maybe me) wrote a header file that extension authors could bundle
with their extensions that would let them program to 2.3 memory APIs
and remain compatible all the way back to 1.5.2 (maybe further, if
that's easy).

Assuming I get this right, does this sound like a good solution?

Cheers,
M.

--
  I don't remember any dirty green trousers.
                                             -- Ian Jackson, ucam.chat